Skip to main content

Grateful Dead Live at Cleveland Public Hall on 1973-12-06

Audio Preview

etree
Grateful Dead Live at Cleveland Public Hall on 1973-12-06

Disc 1
1) They Love Each Other [5:10]
2) Greatest Story Ever Told [5:45]
3) China Cat Sunflower -> [7:24]
4) I Know You Rider [7:28]

Disc 2

1) Dark Star! -> [41:14]
2) Eyes of the World -> [13:21]
3) Stella Blue [8:46]

Collection GratefulDead
Band/Artist Grateful Dead
Venue Cleveland Public Hall
Location Cleveland, OH

Source S:MR>Cass>SonicSolutions>DAT>ZA2>CD
Transferred by Rod Nayfield

Notes

Notes: Reel Splice in Eyes - on Master Reel.

rod@nycheads.com

Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:41:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rod Nayfield
Subject: Re: [siteops] can anyone confirm GD 731206

I have been getting a lot of mail on this one recently.
So a couple of FAQs (or frequently given answers, FGAs)

* Yes, the date is correct

* I have been told that this was played at the "public hall" across the
street from the convention center. Either way, it WAS in cleveland.

* The fragments of the show (as below) are what circulates with this
lineage. There may be other versions circulating. I do not have them.

* The entry in the taper's compendium Vol I. refers to a previously
circulating version and only has the list of what was on that tape.

* The entry in deadlists.com is complete but you have to read through the
entire entry to see that china>rider was played.

* Early deadbases (DB 6? 8?) are not complete. However DB X and XI do
list the entire setlist.

* The cut in stella blue is on the master reel.

-Rod

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Burma wrote:

> this is the text file but im not sure where the Stella Blue comes from ,
> does anyone know if there is a version floating around with the missing
> songs from set 1 and set 2
>
> Burma
>
> The Grateful Dead
> 12/06/73 - Cleveland OH
>
> Disc 1
> 1) They Love Each Other [5:10]
> 2) Greatest Story Ever Told [5:45]
> 3) China Cat Sunflower -> [7:24]
> 4) I Know You Rider [7:28]
>
> Disc 2
>
> 1) Dark Star! -> [41:14]
> 2) Eyes of the World -> [13:21]
> 3) Stella Blue [8:46]

comment
Reviews

Reviewer: craw - favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - March 11, 2009
Subject: why china rider seperate?
for the love of all that is good and holy why are there splices between seamless jams in china rider and dark star etc.....WTF????
Reviewer: boohabi - favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - May 21, 2008
Subject: This is the finest China>Rider
This show holds the absolute best transitional jam between China and Rider. Hands down. I remeber Gans swearing up and down about it on the Hour, back in the day. Can't believe it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I've never even listened to the rest of the show because of it. Dark Star>Eyes probably rocks, but that little jam is stellar.
info Stream Only
Stream playlist
( VBR )
In Collection
Grateful Dead
In Collection
Live Music Archive
Uploaded by
Matthew Vernon
on 5/17/2008
3,330
Favorites
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 17,472
favorite 39
comment 24
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 24 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Master Reel -> Cassette -> Dat -> CD
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 3,047
favorite 4
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Source: S:MR>Cass>SonicSolutions>DAT>ZA2>CD
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 11,216
favorite 14
comment 9
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 9 reviews )
Source: SBD > MR > cassette > DAT > CD
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 2,811
favorite 14
comment 8
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 8 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Master Reel -> Dat
Grateful Dead
etree
eye 5,226
favorite 3
comment 1
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 1 reviews )
Source: Master Soundboard Reel > Cassette > CDR
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 1,344
favorite 2
comment 1
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 1 reviews )
Source: Soundboard
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 4,071
favorite 10
comment 7
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 7 reviews )
Source: SPEED-CORRECTED VERSION of SBD>MR>1 cass>DAT>ZA2>SHN
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 1,842
favorite 3
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Source: 2 source matrix by dusborne Soundboard (shnid:112205) SBD -> Master Reel -> Dat (44.1k); Transfer Info: Dat (Sony R500) -> Tascam SS-R05 -> Adobe Audition v3.0 -> Samplitude Professional 11.2 -> FLAC and Audience (shnid:110781) FOB AUD Source: Unknown equipment > MAC taped by Bill Degen. This transfer is 1st Gen cassettes, kindly provided by Tim Friend.
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 1,911
favorite 0
comment 0
Source: Master Soundboard Reel > DAT > CDR
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 1,124
favorite 1
comment 0
Source: SBD -> Master Reel -> Dat (44.1k)